Sunday, October 5, 2008

Going back to home town for Aidilfitri Celebration.

Today is 5th day of Syawal means already 5 days past, after one month of fasting now we can eat. Celebrating a winning day after fasting. Usually Aidilfitri or Hari Raya becomes a food festival where many foods will be serving. I would like to share the environment of my grandma house at Simpang Air Hitam, Batu Kikir, Negeri Sembilan. Full of green scene, I went back last Monday on 29 of September with my family to my mother house. My mother have 4 siblings and she the only girl, so at my grandma house was only our family the men family will usually come on 1st day of Hari Raya or afterword. So the house is peace as less noise from kids, but my grandma neighbor or her sister house at the back got many kids that make the situation more lively for raya.
This is the view of my grandma house. Malay Minang house that made from wood. Some of the picture is taken during rainy day. She lives alone, as she need more time for prayer and prefers a quiet environment.
The green view is really wonderful there is a feeling of peace when I look at it. Where we got here in Klang Valley this view, the coconut tree ,rambutan tree, river (the color have change because of mud) and corn farm near my nenek (grandma) house.


This is our tradition, make the house full of light with “pelita” from the picture you can see my brother and father make the pelita. It just simple we buy the pelita at Kuala Lumpur (now all is ready made) then put the “minyak tanah” (gas) inside and light it up. The light will be there as long as the gas is inside. The view of “pelita” with light at night is fabulous like leading a way for us in the dark.
Lot of credit to my litter brother Kairudin as he taking the picture for me.

1 comment:

  1. oo...cik rahimy, best nye raye kat kg, tapi mae gambo awaknye? hehhehehe

    ReplyDelete